Pages widget

19 April 2011

Happy birthday to me...!

You know it's going to be a great day when the sun is shining and your lovely husband buys you a Vagabond for your birthday (thank you once again David!) We ordered it ages ago (it feels like that anyway) from the wonderfully tempting LB Crafts and it's been calling my name every day since! I have had a really good play with it today and it really is fantastic - I have had a little trouble with Tim's Tag die going through my Cuttlebug (it would go through but only if you spoke to it really nicely and offered it a chocolate!) Anyway all that hassle is behind me as the Vagabond cuts out beautiful tags every time without the hint of a bribe! I l-o-v-e it! 
I saw this wooden word in HobbyCraft today and at £1.29 it was hard to resist. As it it the theme of my year I decided to buy it and have a play this afternoon. I covered it in Hazel Special paper from My Mind's Eye, added Peeled Paint Distress Ink to the edges and gold paint dabber for additional bling. Then I made embellishments. This is still a work in progress as I want to add things as I learn new techniques (or remember old ones!) so it should evolve a bit more over time. 
I added paint dabbers (Lake Mist and Gold) to a game piece (41 - might be a significant number today!) and foliage (with Lettuce for the leaves) as well as to a Philosophy Tag. The crown came from HobbyCraft. The bird was from LB Crafts (I think - pretty certain actually!) and I covered it in Lettuce Alcohol Ink, dried it with my heat gun and attached it with a brad and a washer. 
The butterfly was cut from acetate on my wonderful Vagabond (I 'heart' my new toy!) and stamped and inked as I did here - I used Lettuce and Aqua Alcohol inks this time! This is my new favourite technique - think I need to be careful I don't put Alcohol Ink on anything that doesn't move!

Thanks for stopping by!
Gabrielle x

No comments: