Pages widget

30 July 2011

Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge

Creative Expressions set a challenge to make a stamped piece which has an ATC somewhere in it. As I don't often make ATCs I thought I'd make one! I wanted to keep this really clean looking and was reminded of the quote that "Butterflies are self propelled 
flowers" (R.H. Heinlein) so used that as my inspiration. I used an ATC art part from Wendy Vecchi's range as the basis and covered it with white card. I stained the paper with Antique Linen Distress Stain and then edged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The stamp is from 
Tim's Papillon set and was stamped with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then punched two holes with my Cropadile and added two brass Hitch Fasteners, two Jump Rings and some chain. The Leaves are also art parts and I used watered down Snowflake 
Fresco Finish Paint from PaperArtsy. I then applied four coats of Peeled Paint Distress Stain and then, using the Dots stamp from Artistic Stamper I stamped the leaves with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The butterfly is Grungeboard, covered in white card and cut using my 
trusty Vagabond and the Mini Butterfly Mover and Shapers Die. I stamped a few blue Distress Inks on my craft sheet and then 'smooched' the butterfly through them to pick up the colours. I then stamped the background stamp from Wendy's Celestial Art set in Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and inked the edgaes with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The centre of the butterfly is a Maya Road pin with a punched circle, stained in Antique Linen Distress Stain and edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The circle was rolled round the pin and glued in place. 
Well, it's been a beautiful day here so I'm off to enjoy the summer's evening - I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Gabrielle x

3 comments:

Alison said...

This is an adorable little piece of art Gabrielle! I love your design! Hope you're having a great weekend! xx

Jo said...

Um, all these Wendy art parts - I haven't given in yet, but seeing this .... temptation is getting worse! Lovely as ever especially the ATC and the "iron work" chain and hitch fasteners.

jo
xx

Gillian .... said...

This is truly gorgeous Gabrielle, I love what you are creating with the art parts. x