Pages widget

24 August 2011

Birthday Ribbons

I wanted to make a birthday card and used a sentiment from the Murray and Ethel stamp set that the Creative Expressions DT have been playing with this month. The whole sentiment was appropriate for the recipient so I masked off the bottom section. The tag was cut with my trusty Vagabond, actually I cut two - one 'clean' one to go on the back to hide my fingerprints on the 'working' tag!!! I used a variety of Distress Stains (I really am loving these!) - just 
spread some on your craft mat and swish the tag through them making a mess on the mat but a riot of colours on your tag! I went a little further and put some Picket Fence Distress Stain on the mat and gave my tag a final swish! Then I stamped on my sentiment in 
Jet Black Archival Ink and clear embossed it. I lightly stamped some swirls in Black Soot Distress Ink. Then, after washing my hands (!) I glued the clean tag on the back and punched some holes on the left of the tag - about every 2 cm. This was for the home dyed 
ribbons! So much fun was had doing this! I used the Distress Stains I used on the tag and stained white cotton ribbon, scrunched it up and waited for it to dry. Well, I waited for about three seconds and then used my heat gun but you get the the idea! The all that was left was for me to tie the ribbons on the tag! Hope you have a go at dyeing ribbons - leave me a link if you do - I'd love to see what you make! Gabrielle x





6 comments:

Bev said...

I've been so unsure about the whole distress stain thing.. but the ribbons have pushed it!! They have to go on my birthday list!. I love the look and feel of the tag and the sentiment.. super!

Minxy said...

Love your multicoloured ribbon edging, and the sentiment is highly amusing :O)

hazel said...

Wonderful tag - the ribbons are fabulous.
xxx Hazel.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love your ribbons and a great sentiment too. Great colour choice. Tracy x x

Siobhan Fyffe said...

What a great idea to use the Distress Stains to colour your ribbons. They look great on your tag.
Siobhan

Gillian .... said...

Love the ribbon idea, aren't those Distress Stains just fab, love the quote too Gabrielle. x