Pages widget

9 August 2011

Technique on a Tuesday!

Just a quick post today! Simon Says Stamp and Show have challenged us to show a technique from the fabulous Tim Holtz. This was a no-brainer for me - I had a Ranger masterclass at LB Crafts from the one-and-only Linda Elbourne on Saturday - any tweets showing me doing nothing but drinking tea are photoshopped (just ask Bev or Sara who were 
there too!) Anyhow I really enjoyed the "Alcohol Ink on Fragment technique and then stamping with Jet Black Archival Ink and then wiping it off" - there must be a snappier title than that! So I inked a small frame with Picket Fence Distress Stain as a sort of primer, then Peeled Paint Distress Stain and edged it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
The Fragments were covered in Ginger, Stream and Espresso Alcohol Inks and glued on with Glossy Accents.The stamps are all Tim's and you can't see it in the photo but top right is a bird. Ok, think I might need a bit of therapy about birds! Have you seen the small birdcage I bought off eBay? This is it next to 'she who eats art'! Not quite as small as I'd assumed! Oops!
My next post is a new baby gift - aahhh! Gabrielle x

11 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

Oooo very yummy! Love the colours too xxx

Kazx

Sara said...

Love it, and yes I can vouch for you we were extremely busy on Saturday but it was fantastic just like you and your creations.

Candy C said...

Hi Gabrielle. Your piece for Simon Says Stamp and Show is wonderful! I love the vivid alcohol ink colors you used. Your technique is perfect. Tim would be proud! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Jo said...

Now, I really do like this and must give the technique a go, no fragments in the house but do you think it would work on clear acrylic?? jo xx

Anonymous said...

Wow I love your framed imaes this is stunning
hugs June x

PsyPenguin said...

Beautiful - love the lush green colours. x

hazel said...

This is fabulous and it's green my favorite colour.
xxx Hazel.

Gillian .... said...

Hi Gabrielle, love the choice of Alcohol Inks & stains, gorgeous, fresh and vibrant piece, love the fragment technique! x

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous ... It was a really good day me thinks ... Thank you xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

WOW!!! Green is my favorite color and I LOVE how you've used it as a background - the crown totally stands out. Beautiful!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love alcohol ink and love fragments, therefore I love your piece - it's gorgeous! And how fun that you got to have a class with Linda. I've been on her DT for a year and have never actually met her! Terrific job on the TH technique challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!