Pages widget

11 August 2011

Tickled (Victorian Velvet) pink!

After telling everyone I knew, and a few strangers on Twitter, just how much I needed Victorian Velvet Distress Stain the lovely Lin saved me one when it came into stock (*ahem* - and a few others too!) and even though I have used it on quite a few projects I thought it was high time it was the star! Linda's Grungy Monday challenge this week is this 2010 Tim Holtz technique. There's an excellent tutorial there so I won't go into too much detail! The tag was swiped 
with Snow Cap Paint Dabber and then I used Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I then stamped a swirl in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink but as it also picked up a little of the ink I'd used here it made a really nice effect! I used my Sewing Room die and cut out a bobbin and two manikins using my trusty Vagabond! One manikin had the top and bottom snipped off and they were all painted with Snow Cap Paint Dabber, edges sanded 
and then edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I stamped a swirl on the manikin body and then used Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder. The ribbons are all dyed with Victorian Velvet Distress Stain and the charms came from LB Crafts. Tim reused packaging on top of his image but mine was too thick and didn't sit nicely so I mounted mine beneath the images. It was embossed with a Fancy and Floral Texture Fade. I finished the tag with a washer and brad. 
I enjoyed my afternoon of making a girlie pretty thing and I am so chuffed that Victorian Velvet didn't disappoint! If you want to learn more about Distress Stains, Tim's latest blog post has this fabulous video explaining everything and more! Gabrielle x

14 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous feminine piece, love how you have used all the techniques and the embellishment is the perfect touch. Tracy x

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh GORGEOUSNESS indeedily... I love Victorian Velvet too... who knew pink could be soooo lush!! x

Kaz Hall said...

This is just gorgeous!!

kazx

Helen said...

Ooh, so pretty!! Another colour I have to get....

Sara said...

Just beautiful and love where you have put the embossed packaging to give the extra dimension.

Gillian .... said...

Oh Yes Gabrielle, this is so beautifully shabby chic parisian style, love the Victorian Velvet ... now I need that one too:) xx

Jo said...

Hi Gabrielle, ooh that really is quite a nice shade of pink - I see more spending on the horizon! jo xx

Bev said...

How beautiful and in pink. I love the plastic embossing so regal.. just love it all!!

Alison said...

Absolutely stunning!!! xx

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

This is really beautiful Gabrielle. The DI color is beautiful

hazel said...

An ablolutely fabulous tag Gabeielle - I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Evelyn S. said...

What a wonderful feminine tag! It's such a nice change of pace!

Trish said...

Beautiful! I love the colours!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tag Gabrielle, Vitorian Velevet is yummy. love what you did with the manikins.