Pages widget

4 October 2011

Elephant Encounters!

Well, October is a very busy month for birthdays in our house - and my Mother-in-Law celebrates her 70th birthday today (not that you'd know to look at her!) We saw her on Sunday with David's sister and family and gave her her presents then. What do you buy the lady 
who has everything? Well, I had the somewhat barmy idea that, as she is somewhat obsessed by elephants, that she might like to feed the elephants at Twycross Zoo - we're booked in at the end of November so we have it to look forward to! 
So to complete the whole elephant theme I made a card and tag. The card is a piece of white card swiped through several colours of brown Distress Stains, distressed at the edges. I stamped Tim's elephant (I love this stamp!) in Coffee Archival Ink. I added two eyelets, a finding and a little twine. The tag, cut with my trusty Vagabond, has various stamps from Tim but I've lost the name of the set (sorry!). The compass is stamped in Old Paper Distress Ink and 
everything else in Coffee Archival Ink. I used a few colours of Distress Stain on the tickets and hand and there are accents of Vintage Photo Distress Ink all over. I made a shrink plastic elephant and added it to a twine bow with a little pearl and jump ring. 
I am so pleased that my MiL liked her present - though she has to wait a little while for it to happen! I am sure I'll let you know how the feeding of the elephants goes but in the meantime, have a wonderful week! Gabrielle x
ps I am entering the card into this fortnight's Crafty Boots challenge - Zoo animals!

7 comments:

Helen said...

What a great present - very unusual! Hope to see pics later.... I love your shrink elephant, he's so cute!!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab. Love elephants. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots. Zo x

Belinda Basson said...

Tim produced that stamp after visiting Africa 2 years ago, but it is an Indian Elephant as it has small ears! I guess you only know that if you live in Africa! Love the shrink version on the tag.

sue law said...

What a great idea for a present...I hope you're mum really enjoys it and I'm sure she will love the card and tag!

Sue
x

Bev said...

I just love this! especially the shrink plastic elly!! how fab.Beautifully excuted.

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love the look you have going here, it works really well with the stamp.

Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

victoria h said...

Love the shrink plastic elephant and pearl added for the touch of elegance. Hope you all have a wonderful time with the elephants.