Pages widget

18 October 2011

Happy birthday Lucy!

My lovely sister celebrated her birthday yesterday and I didn't really want to make her a card. She has been very supportive of my crafty journey despite having no desire to pick up a glue stick herself! So I made her a little hanging card. The frame is one of Wendy's Art Parts - part of the Bookplates set I won in a Twitter competition run by Simon Says Stamp
I covered it in Peeled Paint Distress Stain, then Picket Fence, then Peeled Paint again and then a dusting of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls Mist. The background is a piece of Stampin' Up paper from my odds box lightly inked with Shabby Shutters Distress Stain. The flowers are Wendy's stamps stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink on to Glassine Paper. As the petals were to curl I stamped the reverse with a dotty background stamp. 
The stalk and leaves are more of Wendy's stamps. I had a good root through my button collection and found just the one and added a little Stampin' Up twine in the centre. I used a jump ring and one of Tim's Type Charm at the bottom and a swivel clasp with a pearl from an antique brooch at the top. Happy, happy birthday 'little' sister! Gabrielle x

3 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

lucky sister to get a card she can look at all year long!

Helen said...

This is lovely, I really like that flower you used. Think it's a great idea to make a card like this.

hazel said...

What a brilliant idea Gabrielle, I love it.
xxx Hazel.