Pages widget

3 October 2011

Two tags

For my latest Creative Expressions DT piece I wanted to make a tag with a difference and decided to make two! The first layer is acetate with the typewriter from the really versatile Vintage Typewriter. I stamped it with Jet Black Archival Ink and set it with my heat gun - do be careful that your acetate is heat resistant! The second tag is white card swiped through several different brown Distress Stains. To do this I stamp the stains onto a craft sheet next to each 
other and then mist them with water and the smooch the tag right through it - you can do this several times, building up the colour each time. Then, in Old Paper Distress Ink, I stamped 'A note for you' randomly. I then laid the acetate over the the top of the second tag and worked 
out where the final sentiment needed to go. I stamped that in Vintage Photo Distress Ink and also edged the tag in Vintage Photo. I made a shrink typewriter and added some of this really wonderful twine. Thank you for stopping by! Gabrielle x

6 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag Gabrielle, love the subtle stamping in the background. Tracy x

Belinda Basson said...

oooh, I like this, I think it is time for me to get my shrink stuff out again, I forget about it!

hazel said...

Fabulous tag Gabrielle, I love your use of acetate and shrink plastic.
xxx Hazel.

sue law said...

Great tag Gabrielle....you beat me to the shrink plastic....I was thinking the other day that the typewriter would work well with shrink!
Sue
X

Kim Dellow said...

Oh fabulous make! Love the acetate stamping. Kim

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Love the shrink plastic typewriter!! It makes a great embellishment.
Siobhan