Pages widget

14 November 2011

Fantasy Fortnight

It's Monday and so it must be time for a new Crafty Boots challenge! This time the challenge is 'Fantasy' and the brief is anything from fairy stories to Father Christmas (Santa to some!) Well, in this house we know that Father Christmas is very real and not a fantasy figure but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to use my wonderful Tim Holtz Mini Holidays set! 
I cut out a tag from cream card and stamped the postcard stamp in Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. The background is the snowflake stamp repeated in Weathered Wood Distress Ink. Father Christmas is stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink and coloured using Cut and Dry 
nibs and Distress Stains (Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Tattered Rose). The other images are all stamped on cream card (except 'Believe' which is straight on the tag) and used either Gathered Twigs or Fired Brick Distress Ink. The edges of everything has Gathered Twigs added to them 
before they were glued together. The ticket is a PaperArtsy stamp. I added some seasonal twine and that is that! I hope you enjoy my take on the theme and I am looking forward to seeing what you make! Have a wonderful week. Gabrielle x

5 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Gabrielle

Another fab project, I do not know where you get all of your ideas from.

Dionne xx

Kitty said...

Beautiful. But one thing - Santa does exist!

Sara said...

Lovely, looks really good I like the pale back ground, and yes Santa does exist in this house too.

france papillon said...

lovely Christmas tag! it really has a holliday feel to it :)))

victoria h said...

I keep meaning to buy some cut and dry nibs - I can see they colour really well. F was talking about your lovely thank you from last Christmas today - she still has it displayed in her bedroom and is looking forward to another this year!