Pages widget

20 February 2012

Food Glorious Food!

It's new challenge at Crafty Boots and this fortnight's theme was set by Amy who chose 'Food'. Now I found this quite tricky as I didn't think I had anything food related but then I remember that I'd bought a cupcake die for one of Freya's birthdays! 
I cut out two cupcakes from mountboard and the icing section, one cherry and one flower. I covered both sides of the cupcakes with dictionary paper (the die has cut lines in them and so I wanted to strengthen the shape). 
I then added a thin layer of Snowflake Fresco Paint. I used a variety of masks and Fresco paints (e.g. Claret,Dolly Mix, Inky Pool, Limelight, Pansy and Beach Hut)  to create the images on the inside and outside. 
The cherry was Claret and Limelight Fresco Paints with a little Barn Door and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. The little flower was covered with Dolly Mix Fresco Paint and both the cherry and flower were covered with Glossy Accents. The whole project was sanded and then edged with Pumice Stone Distress Ink (what? No Vintage Photo?!) and I added some Studio 490 stamps to the inside. To make this a card I added two eyelets, a jump ring and a little ribbon. I hope you like my interpretation of the theme and please do stop by the rest of the DTs blogs and see what they have made!
Signature

7 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

This is super gorgeous and yummy! Zo x

Bev said...

I love seeing how you have used a really cutesy shape and made it into something really special! I would never have thought of this. Thank you so much for sharing!

Helen said...

I would have struggled with this one too, I don't go in for the foodie style of stamps, I think you should be congratulated!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Mountboard would not go through any of my die machines so I can only assume that you cut this by hand, if that is the case, I have so much admiration for your knife control!

Great cupcake, loving the cherry!

Dionne x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Thank you for your very kind words. You would be amazed at the notions I considered putting my notebook through but dismissed, like staining it with an old tea bag or leaving a ring on it from my coffee cup - I even thought about covering it with food, like pasta, salt crystals and rice crispies .... too much time on my hands!

I am amazed that sizzex dies will cut mountboard (I have some of them and a Big Shot .. and an Epic Six (don't ask) and a Grand Calibur, which I have terminally damaged by accidentally putting two sheets of mirri card through at the same time!) Now I know what I am going to do with all those scraps of mountboard, thanks for the tip.

Dionne x

PS Very envious that you have a Vagabond, oww!

emma mitchell said...

beautiful and brilliant as always !!
Emma xx

hazel said...

This is so yummy Gabrielle.
xxx Hazel.