Pages widget

16 February 2012

Little birdie...

For this week's Creative Expressions DT piece I am using the rather fabulous Garden Chic stamp set by Eco Green. I have fallen in love with the little bird but haven't used it much and so I thought I'd put that right today! Following the comments on my blog and by email on my last DT post I have used a similar technique and hopefully this will answer some of the questions you had! If it doesn't let me know and I'll answer them directly! I cut two ATCs from cream mount board and pushed them together on my craft mat. I used Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Inks for the sky and Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss for the grass. When I blend backgrounds I try to leave a discrete line between the sky and the grass, so when I spritz them with water the colours wick away from each creating a natural horizon. I then used Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo to create the tall grasses at the edges of the ATCs. If you want to see the background before I added the rest then click here
I stamped the bee and bird in Black Soot Distress Ink and made a little plate for the bird to stand on with the word 'fleurs' inside from mount board, coloured in Faded Jeans. The bee and bird were painted in with Distress Stains. If I do this again I'll think ahead and use an Archival Ink as, of course, Distress Ink reacts with water! Always learning!!! 
The plaque on the bottom was a piece of mount board stamped with Cobalt Archival Ink, and coloured as before. I added a rough layer of clear embossing powder and tapped some off so that when it was heated I could rub Faded Jeans Distress Ink into the 'pits' for a more interesting effect. To finish I added 6 silver eyelets, some twine and a little Glossy Accents on the wings of the bee. Thank you for popping by today!
Signature

9 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

I really love the background colours Gabrielle it has a really calming feel....I need calm right now lol x thanks for sharing xx

kaz x x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great background Gabrielle, works so well with the images especially the bird. Enjoy your day. Tracy x

Belinda Basson said...

Love the bird...yes I always use the archival ink if I am going to paint the image.

Helen said...

I love the bird too - it is very realistic looking (must be your colouring!) I've never had much luck with eyelets (got all sorts of gadgets to do it, never use them now..!)

sue law said...

I love this Gabrielle. I love the background and what you've done with the daisy stamp looks really good.
Sue
X

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Lovely colours and background Gabrielle. I also love that little bird.
Siobhan x

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiferous! Is that a word? This is a GORGEOUS hanging, Gabrielle.

hazel said...

Brilliant Gabriell. I love the bird too but for some reason I've not used him.
xxx Hazel.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Very beautiful!!