Pages widget

6 March 2012

Country Rose

This month's Creative Expressions stamp set is the Heartfelt Bold Bella Rose set and the corresponding Heartfelt Bella Rose Rose Die Template. It reminded me so much of some of the country cottage patterns I've admired so much in decorating books and so I wanted to recreate my own version. I added some Victorian Velvet Distress Stain to some acrylic paint and painted a piece of mount board. I then stamped the rosebud in a wallpaper pattern using Bundled Sage Distress Ink. I then sanded the whole piece to give it a worn shabby feel and then added Victorian Velvet Distress Ink to the edges. 
I used a lightly patterned paper, die cut the leaves, and inked them with Bundles Sage Distress Stain. I die cut two roses and two rosebud and stamped one of each with Bundled Sage and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks. I then cut each flower and adhered it to the leaves and then covered the flowers with Glossy Accents. When they were dry I added a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of the flowers and leaves. I then used Glossy Accents to adhered the leaves to my background. I die cut a banner and added a little Vintage Photo to the edges and then added it to my background. Thank you, as always for stopping by!
Signature

6 comments:

Kitty said...

Really like this, colours are very summery. Makes you look forward to long summer days in the garden watching time go by.

CraftygasheadZo said...

So pretty. Zo xx

Unknown said...

Gabrielle this is stunning I love the Rose. Beautiful Card
Hugs Elaine

Siobhan Fyffe said...

This is so pretty Gabrielle, it definately has a country cottage feel to it.
Siobhan x

Stephie Boots said...

Love this it's so stylish and elegant xxx

hazel said...

This is so beautiful Gabrielle.
xxx Hazel.