Pages widget

31 March 2012

IACW - Easter Blog Hop!

Hello! And a warm welcome to you - It's a Creative World are hosting a blog hop this weekend!  You may have 'hopped' over to me from Doda's blog (http://www.dodadidit.blogspot.co.uk/) - if so, and you've never stopped by before, I hope you enjoy your visit! If you have not arrived here as part of the blog hop - why not start at the beginning and then you'll see all the lovely things that my incredibly talented DT colleagues have made! There might even be a giveaway or two! More details are at the end of this post!
The theme of the blog hop is 'Spring' and I have chosen to alter a book! I have used a variety of Tim Holtz stamps, Wendy Vecchi stamps, Archival Inks, Distress Inks and Distress Stains. I have also used a few Tim Holtz dies on the inside cover along with a hidden tag.
Ssh! This is the hidden tag!
The envelope is made using a die and PaperArtsy's truly scrummy Crunchy paper
The flowers were die cut from Tim Holtz's kraft core paper, sanded and edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink
If you would like to win my altered book then all you have to do is become a follower and leave a comment! It's as simple as that! I will draw a random follower to win at lunchtime on 3rd April!
Well, thank you so much for stopping by and if you would like to continue please hop on over to  Eleanor's blog (http://highlandhousekeeper.blogspot.co.uk/)!

28 comments:

Paper Lace Crafts said...

Hi Gabrielle,
I've just found your blog and LOVE it. The altered book is fantastic - thank you for sharing.

I'm new to this blog hopping business so don't know if my comment with get to where I want it!!!

Happy crafting, Julie x

Sara said...

Me me me I'd love to win your beautiful book xxx Sara xxxx

Sara said...

Me me me I'd love to win your beautiful book xxx Sara xxxx

Helen said...

Wow, I told you you didn't need lessons!! Am off tojoin the hop now but please include me in your giveaway!

Sally said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous! I would love to see you do a tutorial on this x

Kitty said...

Wow, love the book, the butterflies are amazing. Oh enter me into draw (said excitedly)

Erika said...

Great book Gabrielle love the butterflies. Happy hop!
Erika.

eClaire said...

really lovely flowers and distressing

Fiona@staring at the sea said...

Your book is beautiful and that Crunchy paper looks very interesting.
Hooray for a blog with the Word verification turned off!

Unknown said...

Must get me some of thos butterflies. You do lovely stuff. Jealous. ;)

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Your altered book is super gorgeous! As usual, your choice of elements is fantastic and I Love it!
Michaela xx

Scrapdolly said...

That is so stunning - really really stunning

Unknown said...

Fantastic and beautiful work Gabrielle well done Hugs Elaine

CraftygasheadZo said...

Me! Me! Please! I'd love to win your book, but you knew I would, didn't you? Lol Love your niche and hidden tags, hmmm hadn't thought of that! Zo xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

Gorgeous altered book Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

Hi Gabrielle, Thank you for sharing this, it's a lovely idea. You are all so talented. Never done a blog-hop before and enjoying it so far. So, off I go hopping again....Byeee.....Val x

Kerry said...

One word - WOW

I love it.

Sandra said...

I am surprised that you could part with such a beautiful item and I really really hope that I get to see it for real!

Mole said...

Cool creation, and I especially love the roses!

Lorinda.C.F said...

Amazing book Gabrielle! You have the best toys! Gotta stock up!

vixen said...

Wow your altered book is stunning I love the little pocket and butterflies :) x

BEX said...

Gorgeous book. I've joined your site and will be checking more of your stuff later. Thank you for sharing your work - it's beautiful.

Unknown said...

This book is devine! Gorgeous!!

Marjie Kemper said...

So lovely! The niche is fantasmagorical.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's GORGEOUS!!!!

Katherine said...

It is absolutely gorgeous Gabrielle :D

Stephie Boots said...

Gorgeous book! You've inspired me to try something like this! Love it! xxx

Ifa said...

Gorgeous book...I have one that is just crying out for something like this.