Pages widget

16 May 2012

Symphony of Flowers

Welcome to a new fortnight's Tag It On challenge over at DragonsDream blog! This time the divine Helen chose a "Symphony of Flowers" as her theme and as we are following a recipe - the required elements are: it is a tag with a pinch of greenery, buttons and a butterfly or two... 
I inked a kraft card tag with Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Inks and I sprinkled water on to give the background a little interest. The butterfly was inked with the same inks as the flowers below and the sentiment was from Tim Holtz's ChitChat stickers with Broken China Distress Ink on the edges.
The fabulous flowers and leaves are from Dyan's How does your garden grow stamp set with Wendy Vecchi stalks! The flowers and greenery were inked with Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Seedless Preserves and Peeled Paint). Three buttons and a little Sari ribbon finished the tag off. I am really looking forward to seeing what you will make and a huge thank you, as always, for stopping by - it is much appreciated!
Signature

20 comments:

Faye said...

I love this tag will have to try one like it my self thanks for the insperation Faye x

snazzyoriginal said...

What a beautiful tag, my favourite WV butterfly but now I know I need this Dylusions stamp set too for those flowers - love the way you didn't ink all of them, really nice effect xx

Anonymous said...

Such a cute tag! I love the flowers.

CraftygasheadZo said...

Gorgeous, love the colours and flowers! Zo xx

May said...

Gorgeous tag fabulous colours... Love it!! Hugs May x x x

Helen said...

Wow, seeing it here properly rather than before publication (!!) I can really appreciate it. Love that flower set - might have to get that one too.... oh dear!!

victoria h said...

Beautiful tag- love the colours.

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Stunning Tag! I adore the colours and flowers.
Michaela xx

Redanne said...

An absolutely beautiful tag, love the colours, it really is a symphony of flowers! Anne x

SandeeNC said...

So pretty! I just had to take a quick peek at it! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous tag the colours are great, and I llove the flowers. Elizabeth xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag with great flowers, love this style.

Monique's art said...

beautiful tag, love the flowers

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, Gabrielle! Love the way you've blended the background and the neat flower centers.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful, Gabrielle! Love the way you've blended the background and the neat flower centers.

Dragon said...

Very beautiful background, which shows the flowers off to a tee... It reminds me of Claudine HELLMUTH - oops sorry for shouting!! Great dreaming
Love and light
Frankie
xx

kittychater said...

Mmm what a beautiful tag... Oh forgot to say I own this (so honoured)

hazel said...

A fabulous tag Gabrielle. Love the flowers.
xxx Hazel.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Gabrielle, I love your background, and it works so well with Dy's stamps x

Gillian .... said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE ... can you tell I love it:) xx