Pages widget

11 July 2012

Cyborg Su

This fortnight's challenge at Dragons Dream Tag It On was chosen by the incredibly talented Monique who chose the theme "Considering Steampunk" which is to include  fantasy, inventions and Victoriana (and the obligatory use of at least one stamp and for it to be on a tag). For my inspiration I used Stamper's Anonymous' Phrenology Head stamp as the Victorians were quite taken with the notion of lumps and bumps being a tool for diagnosis. Victorians were also know for their inventions and desire to make mechanical people (think Frankenstein!) and so I had these things in mind as I started.
I covered kraft card with metal tape and die cut two cogs from Tim's Gadget Gear die. I then added a little detail and rubbed Chocolate Pudding and Little Black Dress Fresco Finish paints over the top. Under the small one I place the inner circle of a flower (Ticket to Art) and put Glossy Accents in the hole so it looks a little like a cyborg's eye - that is what Tom (9) called it! Under the larger cog I covered more card with tape and stamped a flower on the reverse (Dimensional Rose Art) and cut it out. I added detail and then covered it with London Bus and Little Black Dress paints as before. I wanted my cyborg to have a little foliage and so gave her a crown of leaves and made her beautiful with a little Barn Door Distress Stain lipstick! 
The background was stamped with an industrial image (probably a Tim Holtz one!), was distressed and had Vintage Photo Distress Stain added and a little rose trim border finished it off. Tom named her 'Cyborg Su' after the original version of Su! I hope you play along and if you need more inspiration please pop on over to see what the amazingly talented DT have designed this time.
Signature

13 comments:

TonyR said...

this is fab!! very victorian terminator/borg!! lol
i love the meatallic cogs!
xx tony

Helen said...

Wow, you really thought this one through.... love Cyborg Su... and her very red flowers - stunning!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Gabrielle, that's a fantastic creation, love all the details, especially the cyborg look.

Words and Pictures said...

Fab tag... and just the right amount of scary (those lips!).
Alison x

Monique's art said...

a bit scary, but I love scary LOL.
very awesome tag!!!

Redanne said...

You certainly have a great imagination, I love your tag and how you have made the woman into a cyborg - great idea and great tag!

Dragon said...

Love the idea of the cog for the eye etc... it was a fantastic dream, honey... great work as always
L&L
xx

Anonymous said...

It's the Borg Queen!!! I love it, such a cool tag.

ElizabethR said...

Fab tag I love the eye and the cogs it's great. Love Elizabeth xxx

hazel said...

I love Cyborg Su, a brilliant tag.
xxx Hazel.

Marjie Kemper said...

She looks marvelous!

Sue said...

Wow she's one scary cyborg (but in a good way)I love this gabrielle, and I NEED some of this rose trimming x

Sue said...

Wow she's one scary cyborg (but in a good way)I love this gabrielle, and I NEED some of this rose trimming x