Pages widget

20 August 2012

Tweet, tweet

It's the lovely Amy's turn to choose the theme at Crafty Boots this time and she chose 'Tweet, tweet' where the theme is birds! When I write my blog posts I often take a photo of the materials I have used to remind me as I make my projects in the Studio and write my blog on the sofa in the house and have often cooked tea, done the washing and been a taxi to the children in the meantime!!! I thought I'd share that photo this time so you can see how few materials are needed!
I made a large hole in the underside of the bird form so it would stand on the vintage bodkin. It was covered in torn pieces of dictionary paper. I then dry brushed Beach Hut Fresco Finish paint over the top. I cut a tail and wing from four sections of paper and cut fringing and curled them. Two of each were dry brushed with Beach Hut and two with Eggplant paint. To add them to the bird I used three Mini Fasteners on each. On some plain dictionary paper I stamped Song Bird Fly (from PaperArsty Hot Pick 1005) in Broken China Distress Ink which I adhered to the back.
On the bird's head is a crown I bought from HobbyCraft yonks ago. I sanded it a little and then rubbed more Beach Hut paint into it. Around my bird's neck I hung some chain linked together with a jump ring and some bling from an old brooch. 
So this is what I did for the theme of birds - what will you do? Hope you join in! In the meantime do pop on over here and see what how rest of the DT interpreted the theme!
Signature

14 comments:

Helen said...

Love that bird!! Tweet tweet...

CraftygasheadZo said...

Oh I love it! It makes me smile, great techniques and great work as always. Take care Zo xx

Redanne said...

Your bird is super cute, love the colours and love the little necklace too - brilliant job. A x

Anonymous said...

Oooh, so gorgoeus!!!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Gabrielle

I know you will always come up with something very different to inspire us all and you did not disappoint for this challenge.

Your bird is fabulous. I love the colours you have used and how cute is that crown?

Dionne xxx

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Another WOW from me. You never fail to amaze me. Such a beautiful bird! He must be making all the ordinary birds in your garden jelaous :) Love everything you used to make him to come alive.
Michaela xx

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
Me again. I've just come by to say another thank you for voting for me over at Fashionista's. Very much appreciated. As it happens I won the vote.
Michaela xx

Monique's art said...

I love that little birdie, he is so cute

ria gall said...

Hi Gabrielle,
What is it about birds? I can't get enough birds, bird cages and tags at the moment.
This is very pretty and you really would not think that so few things were used on it.
Lovely
Ria

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful idea, lovely little bird.

hazel said...

Hi Gabrielle. Your little bird is so cute, especially with his little crown.
xxx Hazel.

Alison said...

Your little birdy is just gorgeous!!! xx

Bev said...

He's just a cutey!! What great inspiration!Fantastic

Marjie Kemper said...

Super song bird! Love her bling and bradded wings!