Pages widget

10 December 2012

Christmas Star

For Crafty Boots this fortnight we have theme of Christmas. I have made a Christmas star! It's one I bought from Hobbycraft for very little money and then I painted with Beach Hut Fresco Finish Paint before sanding and edging in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I die cut three Pine Trees from thick cardboard, inked them with Distress Inks and a little white paint where I imagined snow might fall. 
The Reindeer was covered with vintage music paper and I gave him a little tinsel pipe cleaner wreath and bell. To get a really good finish on the reindeer after covering with paper, I sanded the edges of the shape, leaving the paper with a smooth finish which meant it took the Vintage Photo Distress Ink On the edge with ease. The 25 was again cut out and covered with London Red Fresco Finish Paint, sanded and I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the top.

Hope you feel that you would like to join in with us this fortnight! We'd love to see your creations!
Signature

9 comments:

Helen said...

Love this! Hope it's hanging in pride of place....

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Gabrielle, hope you are well. Lovely decorated star, perfect backdrop for the lovely reindeer and trees. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Ow, this is lovely Gabrielle. I love all the dimensions you have built into it.

Ho, ho, ho!

Dionne xxx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Oh this is lush! I must try to combine paints with inks etc. Great work as always lovely. Take care Zo xx

Misty's said...

Hi Gabrielle
What a gorgeous star! Love all the elements you used. Brilliant trees, love the decorated reindeer with music paper and a little bell and the magic number 25 too.
Michaela xx

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous musical deer, and I love the snowy tipped trees!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful star, love the musical reindeer.

Redanne said...

A really beautiful star Gabrielle, I love the way you have covered the deer and his neck ornament is fab. The trees are gorgeous with their little bit of snow, it looks so realistic. Hugs, Anne x