Pages widget

6 December 2012

Experimental Christmas Heart

I am having a lovely time experimenting with the new Embossing Pastes by Wendy Vecchi! I have yet to discover all of their secrets but I decided to see what would happen if I put a layer of the White Embossing Paste, a layer of Dry Glitter and a topping of UTEE. The effect is really hard to photograph but ut's pretty cool as the glitter is trapped beneath the UTEE - next time I'll make the Embossing Paste more textured as the effect worked better in those areas (that's what experimenting is all about isn't it?!) I chose to make a heart and used Wendy's mask to put the Embossing Paste through. I added the Dry Glitter and set it aside to dry. 
The background was sprayed with Black Marble and stamped holly leaves in Snow Cap ink. I also stamped a holly leaf on the reverse of some black Core'dinations which I'd sanded the front and then I cut it out. The edges of the holly were edged in Pine Needles Distress Ink. I also cut out some berries from red card and attached them. I then die cut and stamped a banner for the front of the heart. 
To finish the heart I cut it out and gave it three coats of UTEE and then cracked it to give it patina and rubbed brown ink into the surface. I assembled the whole piece and realised I couldn't get the photos to show the Embossing Paste - I really need to learn to take better photos! Any way this will become my Christmas Card for my lovely husband...Thank you as always for stopping by!
Signature

7 comments:

Belinda Basson said...

Taking photos that show techniques can be such a pain (when it doesn't work that is!) It is hard no matter what experience you have. Lighting can make a difference and the angle,though I can see you tried a few of those...

Helen said...

What a lovely card it will be - I like the heart... and the holly.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, seems to be a great technique.

snazzyoriginal said...

Isn't it great when you have a successful experiment - you have a lovely finished piece and lots of ideas for the next experiment! Love the embossed heart and can't wait to try the como of UTEE with the paste xx

Words and Pictures said...

Dramatic and beautiful... love that glossy sheen!
Alison x

Inkypinkycraft said...

great contrast between the heart and the background! fab make trace x

Anonymous said...

I like!!! The heart looks wonderful.