Pages widget

20 February 2013

Orange and purple butterfly

Welcome to a new round of recipes! This fortnight’s recipe at Dragonsdream Tag It On has been set by the talented May and is to include orange, purple and butterflies (plus the obligatory use of at least one stamp and for it to include a tag)
I liberally sprayed a piece of Ranger Speciality paper with water and then added purple and orange inks. The paper doesn't absorb ink the way regular card does and I really can’t make my mind up if I like it or not… When dabbed dry with kitchen roll it really mutes the colours which is both cool and a little frustrating! I then laid an alphabet mask over the top and sprayed orange ink through. I inked a leaf stamp with Purple Twilight Adirondack Ink and added leaves and then stamped a second leaf pattern through the middle for the butterfly to land on! I brushed water through the leaves of the second leaf stamp to blend the background colours, dried it and then coloured them with purple ink. The butterfly was stamped and treated the same but I used orange ink to over paint it. I stamped out the ‘fly’ on white card, coloured it with purple ink and attached it to the centre of the butterfly. The sentiment was stamped on to white card and edged in Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink (I love that colour!) so it would stand out against the purple leaves. I was going to add a white contrast on the leaves with a pen but I thought I’s stay true to the recipe…! I hope you’ll join us and show us your purple and orange inspired project!
Signature

16 comments:

ElizabethR said...

Yummy tag I love it! Elizabeth xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Gorgeous tag! Lovevthe background trace x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag, the purple rocks.

Helen said...

Gorgeous tag, I love it!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag Gabrielle, love love the colours and added butterfly. Love your card below too, great sentiment. Tracy x x

snazzyoriginal said...

Read the recipe and thought mmmm, saw the tag and thought wow xx

Sara said...

Wow this is rally snazzy xxxx

Gillian .... said...

Loving the background colours, beautiful, the butterfly and quote sit perfectly together. x

Sue said...

Love it Gabrielle, fabulous background x

May said...

Gorgeous tag Gabrielle, Love the vibrant Orange & purple background... Love those stamps Fabulous leaves & Butterfly... Hugs May x x x

Sandy said...

I love the color combination and your tag is glorious! Best of all is the sentiment which without a doubt is true!!
Sandy

Monique's art said...

love your tag, great job, those butterflies are awesome , great colours

Artyjen said...

Thanks for the inspiration loved your tag and just had to join in ;)
xoxo Sioux

Rika said...

Beautiful tag!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous vivid leaves against that glorious morning sunrise background - great tag!
Alison x

Faye said...

Gabrielle, your tag is so pretty. I love the combination of colors.