Pages widget

8 May 2013

Be true to your heart!

I am, yet again, sneaking under the wire to enter this fortnight’s challenge at Everything Wendy Vecchi. The challenge was to stamp through a stencil and I decided that I’d like to recreate a more 3D project I’ve made a few times in a 2D way. All of the stencils I have used are from Wendy's fabulous collection (as are the stamps!). 
I took Wild Honey Distress Ink and inked the journal page and then added dots in Broken China Distress Ink. I then laid on the heart stencil and inked the page in Barn Door Distress Ink. With the stencil still in place I misted the page with water, carefully removed the stencil and dried the page. I replaced the heart stencil and laid the leaves stencil over and used Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I then flipped the stencil and inked more leaves on the other side. Then I stamped through the stencil with French Ultramarine Archival Ink. Doodling, a sentiment, a spider and a little grunge paper hand and butterfly finished it off!
 
Signature

7 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, love that! I've failed to do this one too....!! Next on my stencil list are Wendy's....lol

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely Gabrielle. Love the offset heart and added butterfly. Lovely backdrop. Tracy x

Lori said...

Love it Gabrielle! Such pretty colors, too! Thanks for joining the MAC!

Mooffie said...

Hi there! Lovely colours, lovely composition! may try to copy for my records!! :-)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic journal page, great colors and stamping.

Anonymous said...

That is lovely, the colours are great.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Gabrielle! Love the colour mix, unusual but works well. Fab' design. Chris xxx