Pages widget

1 October 2013

Happy Halloween!

I love the images associated with Halloween - they can be used in so many different ways to create projects from cards to home decor. For this month's Country View Crafts Challenges latest theme Something Spooky I chose to do the latter! 
I took a paper covered frame and added many layers of Fresco Finish paint, including crackle glaze, and inks until it looked grungy and aged. 
I then took a piece of calico fabric and painted it roughly with Snowflake. I then added a skull with Black Soot and Vintage Photo Distress Inks through a stencil and added a little more to the frayed edges of the material. 
I stamped lots of images from Tim Holtz and PaperArtsy on Grungepaper and inked them with Antique Linen and Spiced Marmalade Distress Stains. 
I am really looking forward to seeing your 'Spooky' designs so I hope you join in with us this month!
Signature

8 comments:

Helen said...

I saw this on the CVC site first and hadn't appreciated how dimensional it was - it looks fabulous. Not got much Halloween stuff, but I'll see if I can come up with something at some stage this month, lol!!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous make Gabrielle, the colours and images work beautifully on the frame, perfect for a Halloween decoration.
Hugs Brenda xxx

ria gall said...

Hi Gabrielle
what a great make the colours layers and textures are fantastic I really love this piece
Ria

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So cool, just a bit scary.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous Gabrielle, love the skull on the calico, looks great. Love the distressed frame too. Fabulous spooky piece. Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous piece, the skull looks amazing.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Goodness Gabrielle, you seem to have cornered the market in the macabre and ghoulish . Nice one.

Dionne xx

Karenliz Henderson said...

Love this! All the layers and grunge paper!