Pages widget

1 November 2013

I saw the stars...

There is a new challenge at Country View Crafts Challenges this month - Letters! For my first project I chose to use dictionary paper to stamp the my images on to as well as to write the sentiment in large letters. The background was one I created in my journal from Dylusion inks but thought it far too bright so I left it for ages! I decided that I really should do something with it so to knock it back I sprayed layers of White Linen Dylusion Ink until I liked the colours! Sometimes giving a few days (or weeks!) to think about something you've made gives a new perspective! I really like the background now! 
I was then reminded of a Dylusions sentiment that I changed so I could use a Dylusions stars stencil!!! I wrote each letter in white pen and outlined it in black. The houses were stamped and their rooves (my spell checker wants my to say 'roofs' but I'm sure it's 'rooves'!) were inked with Melted Chocolate Dylusion Ink and has Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges.
In the background I misted some stars to add a little twinkle! I look forward to seeing how you interpret this month's theme! There is always lots of inspiration on the blog throughout the month from my incredible Design Team mates if you need it!
Signature

8 comments:

Helen said...

I love those houses - and I agree about rooves not roofs! - and the lettering looks great. love this page.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Absolutely fabulous pages Gabrielle - I love every bit of them!!! - the colours are fabulous and the letters are just stunning.

Brenda Brown said...

Love your double page spread Gabrielle, glad you didn't change the background colours as they look stunning as a night sky.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's an amazing spread, love the colors, the houses and your writing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a stunning spread, so gorgeous.

froebelsternchen said...

just amazing!
what about visiting and joining our monthly Art Journal Journey?
We would be happy to see you there!
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
xxx
Susi

Words and Pictures said...

Such wonderful pages - I love the texty houses, and the quote is great, and looks great too! Fab inspiration for the Letters challenge, thank you.
Alison x

Jeannette said...

WOW,Amazing pages,love the sky blue and the little houses,really georgus.

greetings jeannette