Pages widget

1 February 2014

Painty Pleasures

It's the first of the month and there's a new theme at Country View Crafts Challenges... 'Painty Pleasures'. There is something really satisfying about paint. It can be used to cover large areas or to make delicate strokes. It's quite fabulous! For this Art Part panel I used PaperArtsy Fresco paint to cover the background and to highlight the flowers. I'm no painter by any means but painting a stamped image makes me look like I am! After making the crackled background I stamped my image and then painted it with watered down Fresco paints. Then I sanded it lightly to give a 'worn' look. Do pop over to see what the rest of the DT have made and hopefully feel inspired to join in!
Signature

6 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous as always, Gabrielle! I rarely use that flower stamp, but it looks really fab here! off to check the others out now.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, makes me longing for flowers in the garden.

Julie Lee said...

I love the worn and crackled look of this. A gorgeous stamp with fabulous effects. This challenge really appeals. Hope I'll have time to 'have a go'. Julie Ann xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous techniques and stamping with great results and effects. Love this Gabrielle xx

Claudia N. said...

I love that plants image and I really adore how you coloured it and used it on your lovely make!

Claudia x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, I love the tiny tags.