Pages widget

9 April 2014

Less is more

Well, it's the Easter holidays and I have finally ventured into my Studio to road test this version of my elbow! I found that, since my accident, I have shied away from paint (it's been too tricky, and painful, to use!) and I have decided that I have to be brave and break out the paints again! The lovely Julie Ann is the Guest Designer this week with PaperArtsy and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to play along. 
Julie Ann used Lynne Perrella stamps, Grunge Paste and warm palette of colours and I used these to make a journal page. I added a little Portfolio oil pastels on top of the Grunge Paste to give additional colour.
I can't remember the last time I entered a challenge. It was really good to have something to focus on and I really enjoyed it! I enjoyed it so much I made two entries so another post is coming along - you have been warned!

Signature

10 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Hi Gabrielle! This is so gorgeous: the warm colours, the Portfolios, which you've really inspired me to get out again!I bought some when I started crafting, loved them and haven't used them in ages. They look amazing with these images. I'm so very happy you played along with PaperArtsy this week. I am absolutely delighted that your arm is healing and that you chose this challenge to flex those crafting muscles again. Terrific! Julie Ann xxx

Helen said...

Fabulous art, Gabrielle - so pleased for you that your elbow is allowing you to play with paint again, and what a gorgeous outcome.

Darcy Marshall said...

Gorgeous! Welcome back to arting and the challenges. x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is so beautiful, Gabrielle. Love your colours and texture,

Lucy x

Hazel Agnew said...

This is so exciting and vibrant Gabrielle. So full of things to see and lots of colour and texture, love it.

massofhair said...

Beautiful pages, gorgeous colours and a wonderful way to flex your elbow indeed! Love your textures and words.I really enjoy playing with Portfolio Pastels they are one of my favourite mediums to use and i use them a lot :-) xxx

Anonymous said...

Stunning page! I love the LP image & you've used it brilliantly.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous page in great colors. Wonderful texture, too.

Colleen said...

Gabrielle,
This is beautiful, your journal page is excellent.

Trish said...

It's gorgeous! Your colours are so vibrant!