Pages widget

3 September 2014

Good luck!

Today is a pretty big day in our house, and I know it's repeated everywhere else! Our son, Tom, starts Secondary School today - the nervous energy has been palpable all summer so it's a bit of relief that that the day has dawned! My daughter, Freya, returns to school tomorrow! I wanted to mark this momentous occasion and the new Clare Lloyd, for PaperArtsy, stamps were begging to be used! I created two tags, one for each of my children, using the stamps and they are just terrific to use!
On Tom's tag I sprayed the tag with Dirty Martini Dylusions spray and used one of the background stamps and the centre of the frame for my balloon. The chap is stamped on to the tag and again onto tissue paper so I didn't lose any of the detail when I cut him out. He is painted with Fresco Finish paints. The sentiment is one of six in the set - I love the typeface they chose!
For Freya's tag I used both background stamps and the frame and sentiment as before. The head is a Lynne Perrella stamp and the 'legs' are from Jofy's new stamp set - it's a wiggly line that I cut in two! I think it looks like her knees are knocking together!
Well, I'll spend today thinking how Tom's getting on - I hope you enjoy your day, whatever you get up to!
Signature

3 comments:

Helen said...

Your tags for Tom and Freya are great- love the green of Tom's. Hope they both get on well - and you get something done today!! Love to them both xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two fabulous tags.

Clare Lloyd said...

love what you did with my new stamps. fab tags. x