Pages widget

8 October 2014

Verse

This fortnight at DragonsDream Tag It On the theme is the letter V and Feather. I chose to use the word 'Verse' and a quotation from one of my favourite poets, Shelley, about poetry. It seemed appropriate to have an image of an ink bottle and a quill pen!
I used my most useful Wendy Vecchi striped stencil with her fabulous Clear Embossing Paste (love that stuff!) for the top and bottom of the tag. Just before it was completely dry I added some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to the tag - where the paste isn't quite dry it adds colour giving the stripes an added effect. I do this quite often since I discovered the effect (all because I was too impatient one day! Happy accidents 'eh?!)

Hope you'll join in with us - just make sure you include a stamp and a tag and your interpretation of the theme! If you need more inspiration - my team mates have created a really fabulous variety of ideas - why not pop over and see?
Signature

3 comments:

Julie Lee said...

This is a gorgeous tag, Gabrielle. I love the blend and stencilling on the background. Brilliant tip about adding colour to the texture paste. I love the quote too. Shelley said some interesting things about the role of poetry in our lives. Julie Ann xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How clever, that's an amazing tag with gorgeous details.

May said...

Gorgeous tag, I adore the design & fabulous stamps...love the word verse for the letter V.... Hugs May x x