Pages widget

1 December 2014

Nostalgic Christmas

I LOVE Christmas! I love getting the decorations out and as I put each one out I remember where each one came from. I love looking at all the presents wrapped up and ready to give out (though the shopping and wrapping can be a little less enjoyable!) and I love the excitement from the children and the anticipation of what Christmas Day will bring. Luckily for me, the new theme at Country View Crafts Challenges is Vintage Christmas so, to add to these memories, I made a hanging to join my growing collection. 
The base is an Art Part. I painted it white and then, when dry, added a layer of Broken China Distress Stain. This makes a lovely chalky background. I then, through a Dylusions Mask, added Broken China Distress Ink. The lovely Father Christmas (Santa?!) is a Tim Holtz stamp which was stamped on tissue paper and the reverse of it painted. Careful apply the tissue paper to the Art Part because glue can affect the Distress Ink. Then I made two holes, dyed a ribbon with more Distress Stain and added a Christmas Tree token I have had for more years than I care to remember!
I hope you join in with us the month and do pop over and see the truly amazing projects my team mates have made. They are AWESOME!
Signature

5 comments:

Helen said...

I'd forgotten what a big fan you were..is the tree up already? This is a fabulous new addition to your collection, I love it!

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous addition Gabrielle, it evokes memories for me too. Love it. xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, he's splendid, Gabrielle, and I love the chalky blue of the background.
Alison xx

Stephie Boots said...

This is so cute! Love the snowflake and the xmas tree charm! (and Santa!) xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Gabrielle, a fab addition to your Christmas collection xx