Pages widget

1 April 2015

It's all in the details

It's April and we have a new theme at Country View Challenges and this month is... use kraft card. I love kraft card - it's a fabulous substrate to work with as it is truly versatile so the possibilities are endless! 
I thought I'd make postcards for my projects this month. I love postcards because they are really satisfying to make, and equally satisfying to receive - I hope!!! I used Wendy Vecchi's Translucent Embossing Paste through one of her stencils. When you first use it it is milky white (like in the photo) but, if you leave it for a while, it soon dries clear! 
Then I dry brushed some white paint over the top and used a baby wipe to remove the paint from the Embossing Paste. Then I added some more white paint over some left over kraft card and stamped my 'body' on and the connectors. 
The head was stamped onto smoothy card and paint was added on top. I'd usually paint on the reverse of tissue paper but because this will go through the post I wanted a more substantial surface!
I hope you'll join in with us this month!
Signature

3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love your textured kraft resist - so cool with the white paint over it. I love the weathered look, and the LP woman looks fab!
Alison xx

Sue said...

Love this Gabrielle, such fun! Have a fab Easter xx

Deb said...

Wonderful Gabrielle, love the translucent resist on your kraft paper and your lovely lady is gorgeous!