Pages widget

1 September 2015

Think of a number

I love numbers and so the new challenge at Country View Crafts Challenges of Numbers is perfect for me! I chose to put stencilled numbers in the background and make the stamped figure hold one of them. 
I covered the page in a layer of PaperArtsy's Beach Hut blue paint that I scraped down the page with a credit card for a different effect. The numbers were stencilled in white (Snowflake) paint and then again in Bougainvillea. I then sanded the page carefully so that the numbers looked worn.

The stamped image is from Kate Crane.Normally the little bird is perched on her arm but I wanted her to hold one of the numbers so he was relocated!  I had a good tidy of my Studio the other day and found my Dymo machine so used that for the sentiment! As always, thank you for popping by. I hope you'll join in with us this month.
Signature

9 comments:

Helen said...

I love this fun tag - the numbers stencil is fast becoming one of my favourites - and your stamped character is great!! Happy September...eek

Brenda Brown said...

Love how you have interpreted the numbers theme Gabrielle - a fabulous project. xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the funky stencilled numbers in the background - and I suspect the look on her face is one many people get when faced with arithmetic! Love this.
Alison xx

Deborah Wainwright said...

I love this fun quirky make. You always use colour so well Gabriell. Fab take on the challenge hugs Debs

Nikki Acton said...

So clever Gabrielle, just love this quirky piece xx

Sue said...

This is fab Gabrielle, love these PA paints xx

Kirsten said...

I love this, its gorgeous & fun.

Deb said...

Lovely Gabrielle, love the worn effect on your stenciled numbers and what an adorable stamp! Deb xo

Unknown said...

Hello Gabrielle,
We love this fun, colorful and unique card. The combination of different styles and techniques makes it so interesting and different.
DymoSupport