Pages widget

30 July 2014

Petal (Twice!)

It's time for another challenge at DragonsDream Tag It On and this time it was time to choose and I chose the letter 'P' and cogs (as well as the usual rules of a stamps image and to use a tag). 
I used a cog from the MDF Man as a flower head in a Wendy Vecchi bottle. The doily stamp on the flower is also by Ms Vecchi.
The bottle needed something to stand on and so I added a strip of decorative lattice die cut  Now this you would think is where my post would end.... the trouble is I'd completely forgotten I had made this and so made a second tag for this challenge! When you see the second tag you might spot a few similarities! The design, the doily stamp etc were all on there! Spooky or what?! I only realised I had made two when I was adding the second to the big ring that I store this growing alphabet on! Good job I keep them all together!
You can't see the background very well in the photos but it has a water spritzed clockwork mask by Tim Holtz - honestly! The last photo might show this a little clearer...!
So, two tags for the same challenge! Bargain! I hope you'll join in with us this fortnight - we'd love to have you along!
I have (finally!) updated my dedicated DDTIO Alphabet page with all my tags so far this year - there aren't many missing now...!
Signature

4 comments:

Helen said...

what are you like!! I struggled to do one... love your cogs though.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic pieces, both of them. My personal favorite is the first one.

Julie Lee said...

These are both beautiful! I love how you used cogs! I'm glad I'm not the only person who does spookily weird things! Julie Ann xx

May said...

Fabulous tags Gabrielle...Those cog flowers are fantastic...Hugs May x x