Pages widget

19 November 2014

Xiexie

For DragonsDream Tag It On this fortnight we are on our penultimate recipe and this time Julie chose the letter X and purple. Oh my! What X to choose?! That's a toughie. But then I remembered my poor daughter who has studied for a Chinese (Mandarin) GCSE as an after school activity for 18 months. She found out in the summer she'd passed so she never has to do it again (she was so thrilled to know it was over as it was really tough!) and when I announced it on Facebook she thanked everyone by saying 'xiéxié' which is Mandarin for thank you! And so the idea for the tag emerged..! Oh! It's pronounced "sheh sheh" by the way!
I used purple Dylusions spray for the background (bright isn't it?!) and an Ellen Vargo stamp for the pattern. The top is my most favourite Wendy Vecchi stencil and her clear embossing paste (magical stuff indeed!)
The figure is a Lynne Perrella stamp which I stamped on to tissue paper and painted with Frescos. Think I made the fishing rod out of the top of her head a little wonky but once it's stuck down...! Hope you'll join in with us - just make sure you include a stamp and a tag and your interpretation of the theme! If you need more inspiration - my team mates have created a really fabulous variety of ideas - why not pop over and see?
Signature

3 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Clever you, Gabrielle! That letter had me tearing my hair out!And clever Freya too, passing such a tough exam. I love that Lynne Perrella lady and the way you've coloured her. The fishing rod doesn't look wonky to me!I love that bright Dylusions background. I really must look into some of those sprays! Great combo of Ellen Vargo and Lynne Perrella too. xx

Helen said...

I wondered what it meant, when i saw the tag on the DT blog... well done, (and good job Freya studied Mandarin!) the tag is gorgeous, and snap with the purple Dylusions today.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So cool, a fabulus tag in great colors. The take of xiexie is a great idea.