Pages widget

13 January 2015

Indian Ink

Over at Country View Crafts Challenges the theme this month is ... Something new to you! I thought this was a great idea for a challenge because you could use any crafty stash you might have had for Christmas or perhaps try a technique that you fancied but never actually had a go at.
Ooh! I *might* have bought myself a Christmas present or two when I found these little shrines! I bought enough to keep me going for a while and this was my first attempt at using them - so that makes them 'new' doesn't it?! I started by covering the wings in old book paper. I scour charity shops for books that can be repurposed - this one is a gardening book - I probably should read that one before cutting it up!
The lady is a Lynne Perrella for PaperArsty stamp. I stamped her on tissue paper and painted the reverse. She fits very well doesn't she?! The 'Indian Ink' sign disappeared where her shoulders are so I stamped that on cream card and added it where it should be. As it pretty standard for me, I added brown Distress Ink round the edges of the whole piece before gluing her together. The crown was painted with gold paint and then sanded - I wanted it to look a little 'faded glory' rather than the bright blingy gold colour. The final flourish was to add a pen nib in the aperture!
My lady's currently placed on top of my pile of acrylic blocks (guess who tidied up over Christmas!?!) but she needs a name - suggestions very welcome!
Signature

7 comments:

Helen said...

I think she's great - love those winged shapes..Will see if I can think of a name for her when I am properly awake!!

snazzyoriginal said...

Love her x

Unknown said...

Oh I love this!! So arty! Beautiful work! Xx

Anonymous said...

Hey i love this work .. beautiful

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic idea and a gorgeous project. Love the added pen nib.

Julie Lee said...

i love what you did with this little shrine, Gabrielle! These little RCAG constructions are such fun and the Lynne Perrella face fits so well. I really like your colours on this too: perfect. She's just lovely with her Indian ink logo and the pen: she must be a 'Pen is mightier than the sword' angel! I'm such rubbish at finding the right name. It takes me ages to name my dolls! For some reason, though, she looks like an Honoria to me xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Gabrielle,
I love her, I have just started a little doll thingy, having some fun with it I can tell you.
Anyway I have no name to share, I feel you should choose as you made her.
Love all your elements that you have included.
Smiles:)
Sue