Pages widget

15 March 2015

Believe

We are continuing to celebrate Country View Crafts Challenges Blogaversary this month with the theme ‘Anything Goes’. I chose to focus on my new favourite colour, Bougainvillea which featured in both projects this month!
I took a mdf board and covered it with Chalk paint and then added Bougainvillea with a hint of Carribean Sea. I then added some stencilled and stamped images in the background.
The truly wonderful Lynne Perrella hot air balloon was stamped on tissue paper and I painted the reverse. When dry, I then adhered it to cream card and cut it out (be warned: this took a-g-e-s!) 
I then added a few wire strings to attach the figure with the balloon and adhered it to the background. I also re-stamped the swirl on the balloon and the label on the figure on cream card and adhered them on the top of the image for a little depth.
Congratulations Country View Crafts Challenges once again on your Blogaversary and we can’t wait to see what you’ll make for our theme – don’t forget there’s a prize to be had!
Signature

5 comments:

Helen said...

this is gorgeous - and I love the idea of using real wire to hang her from the balloon - much easier that trying to cut the stamped wires!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous, really love the depth you managed to create and it truly is a wonderful stamp!

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning work with the LP image - and no, I don't envy you that fussy-cutting! So worth the effort though... beautiful!
Alison xx

Deb said...

Wow Gabrielle, that is gorgeous! You are a very patient woman to cut out that stamp!

Kirsten said...

Wow! That is gorgeous.