Pages widget

1 May 2015

Baddy Boy Club

It's 1st May and we find ourselves with a new theme at Country View Crafts Challenges. The theme this month is Simply Scenic. I must confess that this one was a bit of a toughie for me. I looked up the word 'scene' in the dictionary and it said - the place where an incident in real life or fiction occurs or occurred - and so that  opened up a whole load of possibilities! I remembered this photo and where better than a photographic studio to record real life?! So a simple journal page was needed - simple and a scene... think I just about fitted the brief!
I brayered Slate, Bougainvillea and Snowflake paint onto a journal page and then added some stencilled images in Slate. I stamped out four borders for the photo and a flag. The 'Baddy Boy Club' is a PaperArtsy stamp I've had for yonks and never used (hangs head in shame) but I have used the rest of the set - honest! 
We hope you'll join in with us this month - there's a prize and guest DT spot up for grabs!
Signature

3 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Gabrielle,
Yes I have to concur, not an easy Challenge, but you have made a fabulous creation here;it is different and unique and designed wonderfully well.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kirsten said...

Genius idea & a fantastic page.

Deb said...

Love it Gabrielle, the photo and that stamp were made for each other!