Pages widget

1 October 2017

Autumnal hues

Autumn seems to have arrived in my corner of the world very quickly. I’m a real summer gal so the trees changing colour and the cooling weather always comes as quite a shock!

I wanted to make something to celebrate a colleague’s 39 years at my place of work (quite an incredible achievement!) and when I saw the new theme at Country View Crafts Challenges was Mixed media with autumnal hues I knew I could combine the two!

I used a variety of yellows, oranges and browns to colour these Dylusions flowers and arranged them on the tag with a die cut banner. 
Signature

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is fab! Is it just me thinking Chelsea Buns - slurp! Lx

rachel said...

Beautiful make Gabrielle - 39 years in one work place is amazing!!! Hugs rachel x

Jane said...

Wow Gabrielle this is fab...what an achievement, your colleague must have loved it xx

Sue said...

This is fab Gabrielle, beautifully done xx

Miriam said...

I love this Gabrielle - it's fab - though I agree with Lauren - it made me think of food :)

Corrie Herriman said...

This is great, it stands out because it is different ! I like different !
Corrie x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful piece, the flowers colours are so pretty and I love all the detail on the leaves and along the edges of the petals that you added 😁. I'm sure your colleague will love it too! Wishing you a Happy October! J 😊

Evelyn Walter said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors!
Hugs Evelyn

Hazel Agnew said...

Great idea Gabrielle. Xx

Cheetarah said...

Gorgeous! Really love the color scheme and the bouquet of Autumn flowers! Thanks for the inspirations via CVC xo Cheetarah

Words and Pictures said...

Love your autumnal bouquet of Dylusions flowers - that's quite the work anniversary to be commemorating!
Alison x